Monday, February 4, 2008

Why do we need to be Uber Frugal?


There are as many reasons to be frugal as there are grains of sand on the beach. Everyone has their own unique reason. Mine is my impending divorce. I lost 50% of my household income yet only 35% of my debt load when he left. I need to pay off the debt I assumed, and get my life back.

I work two jobs right now, three really. I knew when I told him to leave that I was commiting myself to NEVER being able to give up that second job unless my debt load was lighter - or gone. So GONE it shall be!!!

I have the perfect opportunity to teach my children a valuable lesson - the value of people over things - the strength of a determined soul - and the force of a woman on a mission!!

It is amazing what you can do when you are either empowered or imprisoned by a situation!

1 comment:

Silkymits2000 said...

I had 3 jobs once too before I started my business and during the set up I was so busy so I wasn't missing my x at all. I was frugal too. I now buy my dry goods, ie food and paper/packaging for home from catering suppliers and save a bundle. I get 25kg bags of rice, flour, oats, dry fruits, seeds, oil by the drum, tissue boxes by the dozen the list is huge any way it works for me.